Select Page

* Please note that we cannot retrieve foreign driving records – Applicants to Ithaca Carshare with foreign licenses will need to retrieve their own driving record. *

Applicants holding a driver’s license from outside of the 50 US states within the past 3 years must obtain their own driver’s record showing information about history of collisions, violations, or suspensions. We recommend contacting the agency which issued your license or the police department or court in the issuing region. The information below has been provided by Ithaca Carshare members.

Depending on the license issuer, the format of your driving record will vary. Ithaca Carshare can process any record as long as it contains your name, date of birth, license number, the date the license was issued, and details relating to moving violations, accidents and suspensions. Please request your driver’s record in English, if possible. Some license issuers will charge a fee to obtain the record which we do not reimburse.

Records can be submitted to Ithaca Carshare by email (, mailed to P.O. Box 418, Ithaca, NY 14851, or brought to the office downtown at 315 N. Aurora St (rear building). The Ithaca Carshare application fee is non-refundable, so please obtain your record prior to applying.

For information regarding the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles including international driving permits, visit their website, or review Cornell ISSO’s



You can acquire a “Verification” from the General Directorate of State Police in the Ministry of Interior.


Please visit Registro Nacional de Reincidencia. For online records from Buenos Aires use their online database. Choose “Búsqueda por Documento.”


A copy of your driving record is available from any RTA Motor Registry. They provide up-to-date information including your demerit point count.

For New South Wales, please visit Roads and Traffic Authority.

For Victoria, please visit the VicRoads website.

For South Australia, please visit the South Australia Transport page.

Western Australia may not have online records, but your local police station can issue a “Certified Copy of Traffic Infringements.”


Contact your local Bezirkshauptmannschaft to request your ‘Statement from the driving license register.’ If you are a resident of a regional capital, contact the State Police Department for this document.


Contact the Royal Bahamas Police Force Traffic Division.


Contact the Ministry of Interior General Directorate of Traffic.


Your record can be retrieved from the Bangladesh Road Transportation Authority.


Please obtain a copy of your “casier judiciaire” from the Federal Government Service for Foreign Affairs, or find instructions from the Service Public Federal Justice.


Each state’s local DETRAN can provide a driving record by clicking on Consultas, then Habilitação and Pontuação do Condutor: Amazonas, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande Do Sol (available online).


To request your driver’s abstract for please find the links ahead for your province: Alberta for Summary of Driving Record, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec for “Information Concerning the Driver’s Record”, Saskatchewan, or Yukon Territory.

Cayman Islands:

Contact the Department of Vehicle and Drivers’ Licensing  in Grand Cayman.


Please use the Servicio De Registro Civil e Identificacion to request an “Hoja de Vida del Conductor.”


Records vary widely by region, and while some areas of China do not provide a driving record, others have easy online records. For Hong Kong, you can get your record from the Hong Kong Police Department in the Criminal Traffic Prosecution Division. Beijing records may be available online. For NanTong,  you can acquire a record online from the Traffic Police. For Nanjing, contact the Traffic Management Bureau, for Shanghai, visit the Public Security Bureau and obtain your Driver’s License Points inquiry (box on right side).


Please visit the Ministry of Transport. The General Direction of Transport and Automotive Transit will issue a Driving License Report. More information may be available from RUNT.

Costa Rica:

Request an online record from the Cosevi Seguridad Vial.


Request your Certificate of Conduct from the Ministry of Justice.


Request your record from the Previous Convictions Office of the Cyprus Police.

Czech Republic:

Please request your “Vypis z evidencni karty ridice.” The document may only be requested in person, but you may authorize someone to obtain it on your behalf with written consent. More information can be found on the website of Ministry of Transportation.


You can request your Certificate of Criminal Record online or call +45 4515 6390.

Dominican Republic:

Contact the Ministerio Publico, Procuraduria Fiscal del Distrito Nacional to acquire your “Certificacion”


You can obtain your driving record from the National Police using this website.

El Salvador:

Visit Vice-Ministerio de Transporte to get your driving record.


Contact the Trafi for a certificate.


Please provide a statement of the number of points on your license from the Ministry of the Interior. You can obtain this document in-person, by mail, or online. Instructions here.


Contact the Patrol Police to acquire your record.


Please visit Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt for additional information on how to acquire your record online from the Central Register of Traffic Offenders (CTR).


Contact the Ministry of Transfer and Communications  to receive your “Degrees of Sentences.”


Contact the Ministry of Education for a Police Clearance Certificate.


Contact the Department of State in the Office of Security, National Travel Directorate for a “Certificate of Record.”


The Central Office of Administrative and Electronic Public Services gives you the online capability to retrieve your driving record. For Budapest, The Police Headquarters of Budapest Traffic Division will issue a statement concerning traffic violations on your record.


Contact the Police Superintendant from the National Commissioner of Police (Ríkislögreglustjórinn) to acquire a traffic violations and accidents record.


Licenses vary by area. Some have a punch system on the license card itself, with a specific “badge details” section that would indicate “endorsements.” Other areas provide a small notebook that would list any endorsements (violations, crashes, suspensions, etc.) Many modern licenses no longer show the record on the license card. You will need to contact the department that issued your license and request a paper copy of your record. For Bangalore, you can check traffic violations or challan online here. For Hyderabad, you can check traffic violations or challan online here. For Mumbai, contact the Transport Department for an “Extract of the Driving License.”


Contact the Indonesia National Police, Jakarta Metropolitan Regional Police, Directorate of Traffic Police for a “Statement Letter.”


You can contact the Licensing Authority, and request a “Record of Driver History” stating the number of endorsements on the license.


Please visit the Ministry of Transport website to contact the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Department and request a statement regarding your criminal record from the Israel Police Traffic Division, Traffic Records Unit.


Your driving record is available in online form from the Ministero dei Transpori as an “estratto conto punti patente” on their website.


You can acquire a letter from the Jamaica Constabulary Force in the Police Traffic Division certifying a history of collisions and violations.


To obtain a “Clean Accident and Offense Record Certificate,” go to the Japan Safe Driving Center.


Contact the Public Security Directorate Traffic Department.


Your driver’s license booklet has a page for endorsements (page 7), which would be added if you committed any violations. Send us an image of your unfolded booklet.


You can acquire your “Certificate of Driver’s License” from a police station. The South Korean Driver’s License Authority has information.


The Ministry of Interior allows you to conduct a Vehicle Traffic Violations Inquiry. Click on E-Services and then Vehicle Traffic Violations Inquiry.


Contact the Ministry of Road Transport, Road Traffic Safety Directorate (CSDD) for your “Confirmation Letter” by phone at: +371 7025750 or email office


Contact the Chief Police Commissariat, Traffic Supervision Division for a “Notification on Traffic Events” by phone at (8-46) 354442


Contact your City Court official for a Certificate.


You can acquire your online driving abstract from the Road Transport Department. Your record will state if you have any “Kejara” points on your record.


Records vary by region. Try the Central Office of the Government of the Federal District, Secretariat of Transportation and Roads – Public Transportation Registry Directorate at the Driving License and Permit Inquiry Desk, or try your local Public Safety Ministry Department of Transit. For Yucatan, try the Depto. De Registro De Control Vehicular.


Contact the General Police Commissariat of Mun. Chisinau, Road Police Station by phone at 27 25 01.


You can check your number of points online through the Police Service Information System. A record with zero violations should have 10 points.


You can acquire your “Aanvraag echtheidsverklaring Nederlands rijbewjs” from the RDW.

New Zealand:

You can obtain your driving record by applying for a Traffic Conviction History from the NZ Transport Agency.


You can acquire a “Certificado de Registro de Licencia de Conducir” from the Policia Nacional.


Please contact the Federal Road Safety Commission, who can be reached at 01-7933148.


Please visit Statens Vegvesen or Politet for information about retrieving your records.


Some driver’s licenses show violations on the physical license. Otherwise, contact your local traffic police office in Pakistan to obtain a letter that makes reference to your driving record.


You can acquire your “Account Statement to Date” from the Road Transit and Transport Authority.


You can obtain your Certificate of Criminal/Judicial history online from the Corte Suprema de Justicia.


You can acquire your “Record de Conductor” from the Ministry of Transportation and Communications.


You can acquire your “Certification” from the Department of Transportation and Communications, Land Transport Office.


You can acquire your “Clearance Certificate” from the Police Record of Traffic Violating Drivers by contacting your local police headquarters.


Contact the National Authority for Road Safety (ANSR) by phone (21 312 21 00) or email at

Puerto Rico:

A driver’s record can be obtained by sending a letter to the address printed below with the following information: your full name as it appears on your Puerto Rico driver’s license, social security number, date of birth, license number, reason for request, address where the record should be mailed and your daytime telephone number.  Along with this letter you must also include a photocopy of a valid photo identification, preferably your Puerto Rico driver’s license, and a money order in the amount of $1.50 made out to: Secretary of Treasury (personal checks are not acceptable).

Requests usually take 10 business days by regular mail.  However, if you need to receive the document sooner, DISCO (Directoría Servicios al Conductor) recommends that you request it to be sent via UPS or Airborne Express.  You must call the carrier service before mailing your request and pay for this service in advance.  Driver’s records are never faxed.

If you need further assistance call the Service Division at (787) 294-2424

Mail your request to:
Service Division Archives
DISCO/Driver Services
P.O. Box  41243
San Juan, PR  00940-1240

Physical Address:
Puerto Rico Industrial Park
Marginal Carr. #3 Km 12.0 Hm 5.0 Lote #9
Barrio Canovanilla
Carolina, PR  00985


Contact the Politia Romana for more information about driving records.


Your local driving authority can issue you information about your license. From Moscow, please contact the Motor Licensing and Inspection Department. From St. Petersburg, you can contact the Department of State Inspection for Safety Traffic – Affairs of Saint Petersburg and Leningradskaya Region.

Saudi Arabia:

You can acquire your record online from the Ministry of Interior. Click on e-services, then click on Traffic, then Query Traffic Violations and enter your ID number.


You can acquire your “Enhanced Disclosure” from Disclosure Scotland listing any “Convictions.”


Your driving information can be retrieved electronically through the Singapore government E-Services. Please make sure to include both the “Status of Driver Improvement Points” and “Status Of Driving License” pages.


Contact the Ministry of Interior for your “Registration File.”

South Africa:

Contact the National Traffic Information System (NaTIS) or your local municipality for a statement of any restrictions or endorsements on your record.


You can acquire your record online from the Direccion General de Trafico.

Sri Lanka:

You can contact the Commissioner of Motor Traffic for an “Endorsement Sheet.”


You can acquire a Police Record Abstract from the Polisen.


You can find more information about driver and vehicles from this website, or by calling +41 (22) 388 30 30.


The Motor Vehicles Office in Taipei can issue you your Verification Certificate of Driver’s License.


Each city has its own association. Therefore, you can visit your own city’s website for more informaion on how to acquire your “Information of Driving License.” Please visit the Traffic Services Department for more information.


You can acquire your “Driving Violations Record” from the Interregional Registration Department.

United Arab Emirates:

The Roads and Transport Authority can issue you an RTA eCertificate online. You may also be able to get information from the Traffic and Patrols Directorate in the Ministry of Interior.

United Kingdom:

If you have a paper “counterpart” to your license, please make a copy or bring the original to our office. Please visit the DVLA website for more information.

United States (outside of the 50 states):

For Puerto Rico, you can acquire a Certificate Driver’s Record from the Driver Services Directorate of the Department of Transportation and Public Works.


Contact the  Instituto Nacional de Transito y Transporte Terrestre for information about your driving record.


Ithaca Carshare has members from over 40 countries!