Outreach and Marketing and On-call Member Services
Ithaca Carshare is seeking a new staff member to join our member services team and play a key role in organizational outreach and marketing. As a local nonprofit, we work to enhance community access to transportation while reducing its negative environmental and economic impacts. We do this by providing a membership-based carsharing service with a fleet of 26 fuel-efficient vehicles. This is an opportunity for a confident person with a professional outlook to join a local organization in the emerging shared mobility industry. Ithaca Carshare is a part of the Center for Community Transportation , which also includes Bike Walk Tompkins, Streets Alive!, and Backup Ride Home.
This part-time member services, marketing and outreach position is 15-25 hours a week. Member Services training will occur during weekdays at our office in the Dewitt Mall in downtown Ithaca. This position includes on-call shifts during evenings, nights, and weekends, typically 2 weeknights (5pm-9am) per week and 2 weekends (5pm Friday-9am Monday) per month. Most work can be performed from home (within AT&T cell service range; a smartphone for work duties is provided), but occasionally trips to vehicles are necessary to handle urgent issues, so an ability to reach our downtown/East Hill core vehicle areas within 20 minutes is required. Walking, biking or use of the Ithaca Carshare fleet to reach vehicles is encouraged; car ownership is not required. Office-based member services and marketing/outreach work will take place during regularly scheduled shifts on weekday afternoons. The successful candidate may have opportunity for future growth in duties, responsibilities, and hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
After hours on-call member services (5-7 hours/week)
- Carry a work phone and answer member phone calls outside of office hours (overnights and weekends).
- Assist members with issues that come up during bookings.
- Basic vehicle troubleshooting such as jump starting a vehicle or changing a flat tire.
- Field questions about Ithaca Carshare’s service (and other local transportation services, as necessary).
Office-based member services (5 hours/week)
- Office-based member services support including application processing and member account management.
Center for Community Transportation outreach and marketing (5-15 hours/week)
- Collaborative marketing and outreach work for Ithaca Carshare, Bike Walk Tompkins, and other Center for Community Transportation programs and events.
- excited about working for a dynamic organization that serves a cross-section of the Ithaca community
- personable, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- comfortable with the flexible duties and schedule that come with being part of a small but strong team
- creative and generative about marketing/outreach campaigns and strategies, and has experience making new connections and reaching varied audiences both online and in person
- experienced with event planning and content development for online, print and in-person forums
- confident, able to problem solve quickly, and able to be both firm and flexible as appropriate with members
- proficient using a smartphone (including the ability to maintain conversation while navigating a web-based booking system), computers, Gmail, and Google Drive
- familiar with basic car troubleshooting, and willing to get their hands a little dirty from time to time
- familiar with Ithaca and Cornell area roads and excited about walking, biking, busing, and carpooling
- reliable with minimal supervision
- in possession of a valid driver’s license and has a good driving history
- a good sense of humor is optional, but helpful!
This is an hourly position at $20/hour. Pay for overnight and weekend shifts includes a stipend for on-call availability ($15 for a weeknight, $50 for a weekend) in addition to the hourly rate. Benefits include retirement and a mobility package including Ithaca Carshare membership, bikeshare, and a TCAT pass.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and two references via email to Katie Kelly at email@example.com. Questions about the position and application process can be directed to our office at 607.277.3210 x3 during our office hours of 12-5pm weekdays. The application deadline is 9am, Monday, July 16, 2018, with the position to start as soon as possible. The Center for Community Transportation is a certified Living Wage employer and values a reflection of our community’s diversity in our staff and membership.